Thursday, March 31, 2011

2011 Expanded Season



The first Farmer's Market will be held this Saturday April 2, 2011 in the museum parking lot on Court Street. Starting with the first Saturday in May, the Portsmouth Farmer's Market will be held every Saturday rain or shine from 9AM-1PM.

Last year I bought a huge bunch of locally grown asparagus, and they were some of the best I've ever eaten. I also purchased some culinary herbs and two of the Rosemarys made it through the winter. I use several clippings, tucking them under the skin, every time I bake a chicken. I usually stuff the chicken with garlic and leeks as I grow plenty of the latter in the winter.

If you're looking for really fresh locally grown produce, you owe it to yourself to visit the Portsmouth Farmer's Market.

2 comments:

  1. This is my Good luck that I found your post which is according to my search and topic, I think you are a great blogger, thanks for helping me out from my problem..
    National Farmers Market Association

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time for an update. Olde Towne Farmers' Market is alive and well.

    ReplyDelete